Should swelling in the leg be considered a matter of emergency?

My daughter’s leg is swollen from thigh to ankle. She has a baker’s cyst on the back of this knee. She was on her feet at work from four until ten. Does this require emergency room or can it wait until an immediate care facility is open in the morning.
Mon, 16 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

In my opinion this does not require any visit to Emergency room, you can wait till morning. In presence of Baker's cyst and prolonged standing it is very common to have swollen foot and leg. This can also happen ( if associated with pain) If the cyst ruptures ( can be confirmed by ultrasound examination or MRI).

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.