Should radiation therapy be done for elevated PSA count?

My husband is a healthy 84 year old man. He has his prostrate removed nine years ago by robotic surgery. His psa is starting move up and is now .23. His doctor and subsequent oncologist is suggesting radiation treatment, 39 doses. I m concerned about side effects and wonder if he shouldn t just wait and watch the psa rate. He is scheduled for a bone test to make sure it has not spread.
Thu, 5 Jul 2018
Oncologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

After hearing your husbands history, I would advise him to take 6 cycles of chemotherapy at 21 days interval along with radiation treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.