Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Should my husband stop taking simvor 40 after a stroke ?

my husband had taken simvor 40 40mg after having stroke since january 2011, the problem is he always got cramp , should i stop taking this tablets.He prefer to take omega plis 3, gingo biloba, nervit B, I need to hear your advice. Tq Gender: man,age:56, height 5.2m, 74 kg, medical history:mother diabetes and high blood Treatment history: Didin t take any medicine since the doctor informed he had hypertention 2003.
Asked On : Fri, 13 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  650
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Asnah! Thank you for choosing health care magic. Simvor is the drug which controls high cholesterol levels in blood. Cramps could be one of the possible documented side effect of Simvor group drugs. I strongly advise your husband to conact his family physician before taking any further decision on medication. I wish him a speedy recovery and good health.
Answered: Sat, 14 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
simvor is for lowering his cholesterol level.
muscular problems are the side effects of statins or simvor.
so consult your family doctor about it.
keep control in blood sugar level and the cholesterol level.
other drugs your doctor prescribed are ok. continue them.
take care
Answered: Sat, 14 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor