Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Should i go with genioplasty to treat deficient chin

Hi, i am 23years /female i have slightly deficient chin and when viewed from front my face is ok but the side profile is not straight. so to improve my side profile should i go with genioplasty (chin advancement)or not. Does it have any side effect or long term drawbacks and what would be the cost of this treatment .
Asked On : Fri, 23 Apr 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  275
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  User's Response

If there is serious concern about your appearance, then I would suggest you to consult a cosmetic surgeon who can evaluate you for the same and also comment about the feasibility of reconstructive surgery. I wish you all the best for the same.

Answered: Mon, 3 May 2010
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Manish Gupta's  Response
you will have to first visit an orthodontist who will take a series of radiographs and models to diagnose the cause of ur deficient chin. He along with a maxillofacial surgeon will decide regarding the treatment plan and the need for a surgical correction...
take care...
Answered: Wed, 11 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor