Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Should i be worried for a big clumpy lump of mucus found while wiping?

Hi, I have been experience some little white particles in my urine lately but I was not paying that any mind . This raise my concern I just went to use the bathroom when am done and wipeing I notice on the tissue was a big clumpy lump of mucus , it was cloudy white and kind of flaky this is kind of gros but I am scared at this moment because i am wondering what is this clumpy stuff, it is odorless and I dont experience any itching or nothing like that. I tried look it up online but nothing compare to what I saw. Need some help please and answers thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 27 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  602
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to Health Care Magic.

The clumpy lump of mucus in urine you are referring to might be of either urinary or genital in origin.

Firstly coming to urinary causes. It could be due to the shedding of bladder epithelium ( Likely possibility in your case)or due to proteins and fat in urine ( Unlikely in your case as these would definitely result in various symptoms)

Coming to Genital conditions, it could be due to normal cervical secretions ( Likely possibility in your case)or glandular secretions or any genital infection( unlikely cause in your case they they are often foul smelling. You have not mentioned anything about fever or pain abdomen or vulval itching. I guess you dint have any such symptoms. If my guess is right it might not be due to infection.

Finally i would favor the possibility of bladder epithelium and normal cervical secretions being the most common possibilities in your case.

But anyways to rule out other possibilities a complete urine examination must b done

wish you good health

Take care
Answered: Fri, 27 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Hi Christina.

It appears you may be having a urinary tract infection. You will need to get your urine tested if possible. Also if you experience vaginal itching or discharge, kindly get a Gynecologist's consult as well.

Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink 2-3 litres of water a day for 5 days. This will take care of the infection. Also you may need antibiotic, so kindly consult your Gynecologist or Urologist to give the right antibiotic after testing urine to find out which organism is causing the infection.

Wishing good health.


Answered: Fri, 27 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor