Should i be concerned about red and sore eye lids and surrounding eye socket with flaky skin on them?

My eye lids and surrounding eye socket have been very red and sore and also very dry with flakey skin on them. My doctor thinks it may be an alergy causing eczema. I normally wear daily disposable contact lens but have refraind from wearing them or make up for 2 weeks, but there is no improvement. I have been applying the cream the doctor has given me. This has been going on for 2 months, sometimes almost getting better for no apparent reason. I take 20 mg statins daily. I am now wondering whether I forgot to take out my contacts 2 months ago!! hat would the symptoms be, how would I know if this had happened. I have been wearing daily disposables for almost 20 years.
Wed, 13 Jul 2016