Should chemotherapy be done after removal of a cancerous polyp?

A very enlarged 6cm polyp was found in my rectum. It was surgically removed and they did find early stages of cancer in the removed polyp. afterwards I've had a PET scan and no more cancer cells were identified anywhere. If the PET scan didn't show any cancer, is it still necessary to have chemo and radiation treatment for this area that was infected?
Wed, 20 Jun 2018
Oncologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The rectum its very delicate aera due to the blood vessel in this organ. In general the chemo-radio therapy should be done in the case of cancer diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.