Should being around a 1-year-old be avoided while having mononucleosis?

Yes, my 33 year old daughter has mono. We were with her, but did not share a cup, utensil, etc. she is not sneezing, coughing or have a fever. My daughter with a 1 year old is concerned about us being around him on his first birthday Saturday. Should we be concerned about carrying something to him!
Tue, 25 Sep 2018
Dentist 's  Response

It depends on the severity of infection and if the viral count is high then it can cause the spread of infection.

So my suggestion is to get her tested again and then only the baby should be brought closer to her. However, the baby is in another room then there is very less risk.

Also if she is symptoms free then she is not as much of risk.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.