Should antibiotic eye drops be used for redness in the eyes?

I had seen my eye doctor a couple of days ago because I thought I had a contact stuck in my eye.He examined my eye and said the contact was not in there and used one antibiotic drop at the office. For the last day I used rewetting drops as instructed.Now the eye is pink and painful. Afraid it’s pink eye.Should I call the doctor back or start antibiotic drops I have for a past problem with pink eye?
Fri, 27 Jul 2018
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

A bottle of eye drop opened once cannot be used for more than a month . so avoid the last eye drops . Also you should get your eyes checked because pink eye has a number of other differential diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.