Should an antibiotic be taken for an infected toe?

I have an infected large toe. It has been so for about a week, I ve used triple antibiotic salve for the past three days, it has improved slightly. It does not cause me to limp, it is sore, showing an area at the end of the toe, the tip that is red and tender. Otherwise, it is not very painful. I seem to have an ache in my leg, mild. Should I be taking an antibiotic? YYYY@YYYY
Thu, 14 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As per your description there is no active infection persist. No pus collection either. Oral antibiotics are not indicated at this stage. You can apply topical antibiotic ointments like Neosporin or Mupirocin after cleaning with soap and water.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Shinas Hussain