Should an MRI of the brain be taken for vertigo and loss of peripheral vision?

Hi. I m just very concerned about my 29 year-old daughter who recently had vertigo so badly that she couldn t walk for 9 days. She was unable to lift her head without vomiting and had a loss of peripheral vision. She went to urgent care, and they did blood work that came back normal with the exception of high glucose, low protein and zinc. I have MS and am concerned she may too. She also has a 1/2 brother with a brain tumor. Should I insist she at least get an MRI of the brain?
Tue, 11 Sep 2018
Diabetologist 's  Response

I think she should definitely proceed for a MRI of the brain. Short of that, I think a neurologist should definitely take a look at her. The sudden onset of vertigo and visual loss could be any brain lesion including a MS as well as tumor or stroke.

In the meantime, she should surely take medicines for high sugars. Since I do not have the exact values I will not be able to make an appropriate comment. I have made it as simple as possible. Do let us know the reports and I will try to help you further from there.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Saumya Mittal, Diabetologist