Should Zyrtec be taken during the day to prevent insomnia?

I have really bad allergies. I went to my Dr. Yesterday bc I hadn t gotten the new allergy meds for the season yet. He gave me a steroid shot and issued me Zurtec (last allergy med didn t work) I didn t sleep at all. Is this bc of the steroids, the pills, or both? Should I take the pills in the day time instead?
Mon, 11 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Zyrtec and other anti allergic are famous for causing sedation and excessive sleep instead of insomnia and that why we advise that should be taken in the night ,it has not been heard of them often that they may cause insomnia , neither steroids shot would commonly cause insomnia. Reasons for insomnia may be the disease ,or fear of the drug or there could be many cause , I don't think its the drug here .

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.