Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
138 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Should Maxoza be continued if sperm count has reduced?

Dear Sir, its regarding male infertility, we have been trying for a baby since 2007, after three years of trying we both did a detailed check up and my wife turned to be normal and my sperm count was too high as per the urologist i am consulting ? it was 226million/ml (4ml) and motility was almost like 50 dead/50alive. Doctor told me its over crowded and that is the reason behind this. He ask me to drink Maxoza for 3 months. Also ask me to do a semen analysis in between when i complete a month of taking maxoza. I did the same, Now my Sperm count is reduced to 70million/ml (3ml) and motility is 70-80%. Is it good sign ? can i consumea baby ? do i need to continue drinking maxoza for next 2 months ? please expalin in detail.
Thu, 7 Nov 2019
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Lab Tests
General Surgeon 's  Response

Low sperm count and other sperm disorders are complex and first, you should do more detailed sperm analysis that includes number, morphology and motility of sperms.

There are plenty of causes and treatment options for men with low sperm count vary depending on the cause of the condition.

For example, surgery is the most common treatment for men suffering from varicocele.

For low sperm count due to infections of the urinary/reproductive tract, antibiotics can be prescribed to help clear the infection.

Medication and hormone replacement treatment options can also be used when the cause of low sperm count is related to a hormone imbalance.

In cases of low sperm motility, assisted reproductive technology (ART) treatments would be used to facilitate conception by inserting sperm into the female reproductive tract.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr Iven Romic Rommstein, General Surgeon
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hai i am 32 yrs male and married 1 and half year back recently myself and mywife are tested for infertility and they have told that my sperm count...

Recent questions on  Infertility

doctor1 MD

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...Hello im gynecologest from syria i have an infertile 42 years old...

doctor1 MD

Hi We are married for 5 years and facing the infertility problem. We have met doctor and doctor suggested my wife with Reprogon 150 IU injection in...

doctor1 MD

Dear Sir, its regarding male infertility, we have been trying for a baby since 2007, after three years of trying we both did a detailed check up...

doctor1 MD

hi, I want to know the side effects of AKT 4 tablet. Two for the past one week i have foot pain and sweeling also and my doctor advised me to take...

doctor1 MD

I get a lower back pain which is excrucitating right after my cycle ends.its remians for 4-5 days. And have to take painkillers.Its very...

doctor1 MD

My daughter, 30, no children has always had severe cramps and periods. Now, every two or three months, she almost passes out with pain, sweats...

doctor1 MD

hi doctor, i am 44 years old and my ivf is planned next month in XXXXXXX 2018. The Infertility specialist has suggested me to undergo Semen...