Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Should I wait till the sputum test for TB arrives or should I consult another doctor ?

Sir my husband was unwell for past 2 weeks - he is aged 49 and is asthamatic during cold season. Since the fever was not coming down Urine and blood test was done and UTI was diagnoised and treatment started. With not much relief for fever, Master Health checkup was done it was observed that the lungs was affected with infection and was suggested for CT scann. The scann report also hinted towards TB but the sputum test of 3 days showed negative. Doctor advised to waite for 1 week more. But please advise if i should waite or show some other doctor immediately?
Asked On : Wed, 18 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
follow the same doctor meanwhile start this

give him a cup of black tea every three hour till fever subsided then twice daily for further three weeks

God bless him
Answered: Wed, 18 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor