Should I visit the ER for cough along with head congestion and shortness of breath?

During the end of April I began with seasonal allergies for which I usually only suffer mildly. Since then, my right ear has become blocked for almost a month, I have a cough which is attempting to rid me of my congestion, and my head is severely congested, recently I have times of feeling short of breath. None of which are improving despite first taking Claritin for first month and then Sudafed for the second month. This is making me fatigued and crazy for not being able to hear. Is it time to visit the doctor or do I just need to ride this out?
Fri, 31 Aug 2018

You may be suffering from eustachian tube blockage may be due to seasonal allergies. You have to avoid cool drinks and cold water, avoid smoking and caffeine drinks. Use water vapor inhalation and salt water gargling thrice a day for five days.

Use tablet Sinarest twice a day for five days. You may use tablet Amoxiclav twice a day for five days. If symptoms not improved please consult your ENT specialist he will examine and he may insert gromet temporary to relieve congestion.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu 's  Response

You may be suffering from acute upper respiratory tract infection with eustachian eustachian tube block. Avoid climate, avoid allergic causative agent, use tablet Montelukast and Levocetrizine once a day for five days.

Avoid cool drinks and freeze water avoid smoking and caffeine drinks. Use water vapor inhalation and salt water gargling thrice a day for five days. If symptoms not improved please consult your ENT specialist he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu