Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Should I visit my doctor in case of unfamiliar signs of infections ?

I have a 3 year old that was diagnosed with pneumonia . She has seen her peds doctor last Friday. He changed her antibiotic from the ER visit, and said that she is developing an ear infection . Her fever that she was running for 9 days had stopped Friday. She now is running a fever again. I took it this morning at 9, it was 101.1, now it is normal. Is that considered a fluctuating fever. Should I get her back in to the peds doctor in case something else is going on??
Asked On : Fri, 27 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to the Health Care Magic

As you have mentioned that your child was developing an ear infection, the recurrence of fever can be attributed to the ear infection.

The fluctuations of fever is quite common during the infection. Fever can be on and off and will not subside till the infection is completely cleared.If your kid is still on antibiotics, let the course be completed. If the fever persists even after completing the antibiotic course you better see thee doc once again.

Ear infection is quite common among kids. Se the doctor immediately if the child complains of severe ear pain , headache or blurring vision.

Hope your child recovers soon.

Wishing your child a speedy recovery

Take care
Answered: Fri, 27 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor