Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Should I visit a doctor for sore armpits?

Hi, I am a 54 year old lady currently going through the menopause . My armpits (especially one) are very sore, like burns on the outer edges of my armpits. I have not changed my deodorant or used any different washing agents. However, I am experiencing night sweats and some hot flushes through the day. Should I visit my GP or just soothe the area with E45, which does help but does not get rid of the problem Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  284
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HCM,
Menopause may cause a variety of vague symptoms. One of it is increased sensitivity specially with temperature, pain and emotions. This could also be just one of it. From how many days you have that symptoms? it could be early symptoms of Herpes Zoster ( shingles) if it has just started 4-5 days back.
Are there any redness, swelling, warmth, tenderness? May be you are having some inflammation due to infection or insect bite? It is better to see a Doctor, just to rule out any other cause besides menopause. E45 cream is a good soothing cream for allergic dermatitis and dryness.
For menopausal symptoms, do, exercises, healthy food, include more Soya products, olives, Seeds, and nuts in your Diet. YOu may also take Omega3, and Omega 6 tablets for your minor menopausal symptoms.
Take Care!
Answered: Fri, 13 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor