Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
133 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Should I visit a doctor for a bruised heel?

Yesterday I had an athletics day. I did a lot of running and seemed to have hurt my heel. I think it’s bruised, however when I walk on it it hurts but if I press down on it with my hand it doesn’t. I try not wall on it by tip toeing on it instead of using my whole foot. Do I need to see a doctor/ physio for it?
Mon, 15 Jul 2019
Report Abuse
Dermatologist 's  Response

It may be post traumatic ecchymoses. Consult the surgeon or dermatologist for the perfect diagnosis and proper treatment. I would recommend you to take bed rest for few days. Apply thrombophob oint on the lesion. Take vitamin C 1000 mg twice a day and tab RCK or Orsik - 3 twice a day. Few days may take to recover.

Hope this helps.

Dr.Ilyas Patel,Dermatologist
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi I noticed that my son had a bruise on his fore arm last week so I asked him how he had got it he said he couldnt remember but later on in the...