Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Should I take treatment for minor degenerative disc causing stiffness in the legs with difficulty in walking ?

I have had a weak, painful spine for over 15 years. Nothing showed up on last MFI but everytime I try to be active, my back/buttock/ neck muscles spasm , pain in groin , hip and rib cage and the stiffness is so bad in my legs I can hardly walk. My legs feel like two blocks of wood. I am managing the pain, but worried about the lack of function everytime I move about. As it has gone on for so long, should I consulant a GP? Been down the road of investigation about five years ago and was told bones good, minor degenerative discs, so reluctant not to waste anyone s time. The morning stiffness increases all day when I am up and about. Should I rest more?
Asked On : Wed, 29 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello. Welcome to HCM.

you have not mentioned your age.... considering you having pain for last 15 years, it is probably degenerative disc disease- which includes disc prolapse, bulge as well as lumbar canal stenosis. Best approach for you will be to visit a neurologist. Some minor physical tests and investigations will reveal the exact situation. Thereafter, you can go in for physiotherapy or minor surgical procedures whichever is best.

Take care.
Answered: Wed, 29 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor