Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Should I take treatment for a bruised scar caused due to a 2nd degree burn ?

I burned my inner forearm on the oven 3 years ago, I never sought medical attention but I believe it was a 2nd degree burn. About 6 months ago the scar bruised and felt painful, it went away after a couple days, but it just happened again. Should I be concerned or it it just scar tissue?
Asked On : Wed, 15 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  217
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
some times scar becomes more sensitive due to nerve endings in it.

If there is bruise and painful than you have to think for it.
Consult surgeon to rule out any infection,begning of keloid formation,any other condition.
Answered: Wed, 15 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Urologist Dr. Mukassar Mohiuddin's  Response
I dont think you should be concerned...becoz, as you are saying, the pain is recurring only when that area is getting hurt, right?? if that is so, then you can just forget about is a matter of concern only when the pain comes without any injury...
Answered: Wed, 15 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor