Should I take my friend to a doctor for severe pain in the neck?

My girlfriend has had some extreme pain in the side of her neck , it’s not the same pain all the time but it seems to move from her collar bone to her upper spine. Should I take her to emergency to get looked at? This has been this way for atleast 2 weeks now.
Fri, 30 Aug 2019

The cervical spondylitis or other cervical spine problem need to be ruled out here.

If it is muscular strain pain than can be relieved within a week by its own. So it doesn't seem to be muscular pain and it can be cervical spine-related pathology.

You need to investigate her with cervical spine digital X-ray for primary workup.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Parth Goswami, General & Family Physician