Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Should I see a doctor for pain in sternum?

Hello, I am a 55 Year old Female that had a 3 vessel CABG 5 Years ago due to a genetic defect. I woke from a deep sleep last night with severe sternal pain. It hut to take a breath and to move. The feeling was much like the first few weeks post op. It did not feel cardiac related. I had moved some furniture over the weekend and lifted some heavy items earlier yesterday. I took some advil which di bring some relief, but still feel some tenderness and mild pain this morning. Do you think I have just irritated the cartilage at my sternum? Should I see my MD?
Asked On : Sat, 14 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  117
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Dear Sir Hello I am Dr Sharma. On the basis of info provided it appears that your problem may have a cardiac cause (H/o CABG), Muscular sprain (as you moved heavy furniture yesterday) and costochondritis (inflammation of costal cartilage ) or GERD (gastro oesophageal reflux disease ). I would advise you to consult a physician to have a examination and work up as required. I hope this answers your concern with regards Ravinder Sharma
Answered: Sat, 14 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor