Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Should I see a doctor for heel pain with a dark bruise on it ?

I m 30, female and about 200 lbs. I know I have heel spurs and my feet hurt every day when I get off work, but today on the bottom of my heel I have a very dark bruise that looks like blood pooling... it doesn t hurt to touch but is really painful inside as my heels always are after this just a symptom of PF and me being over weight or so I need to get to a doctor?
Asked On : Mon, 13 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Spur itself is very painful. Plantar fascitis can be associated as well as neuralgia. You need to wear comfortable soft shoes. Also avoid standing for long hours. Take pain killers as advised by your Doctor and apply Volini gel around the sole for relief. If it still hurts, surgical removal is a choice to eliminate the problem.
Answered: Mon, 13 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor