Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Should I see a doctor for continuous nasal discharge due to allergies ?

Hello, i m 22 yr/f. I have had post nasal drip for years and sometimes it s so bad that it affects the quality of my life, i sometimes have to clear my throat every few seconds and it gets even worse when i smell pungent odors or perfumes. plus, I ve recently had a clear liquid dripping out of my nose especially when it s cold. sometimes, my nose itches as well but i don t noticeably sneeze or cough. what should i do concerning these symptoms? should i see a doctor? thanks in advance.
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jan 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  199
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
You have this from long time than most probably it could be due to some allergy.
Try to find out the triggering allergen and try to avoid it.
Don't use any deo,perfumes.Always make habit of covering of nose during two wheeler driving, in dusty,foggy,smoky area.
Try to avoid cold drinks,chilled water,deep fry,spicy food.Do warm water gargle.
You have to start Anti allergic medicines and also specific antibiotic under guidance of ENT specialist.
Answered: Fri, 20 Jan 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor