Should I see a doctor for breast tenderness and cramps with brown discharge?

Hi, I had the Nexplanon implant done (11/07/13) and have recently begun having cramps, what appears to be old period blood (reddish brown, black brown) or some sort of discharge, and breast tenderness. My main concern is the discharge. I have been on birth control for several years (started on the pill, changed to Depo, and now the implant) and it has been several years since i ve had any sort of bleeding occur. I have no STDs now (had chlamydia at one point but it is gone now) and have only had one sexual partner since May of 2013. Should I visit my gynecologist or doctor about my concerns? Is this normal?
Mon, 4 Nov 2019

Presence of breast tenderness along with abnormal discharge often indicates hormonal issues and his need to be thoroughly evaluated since you are on birth control pills/depo/implant for a long time. This is more relevant provided you are beyond 35 years of age.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Ashok Kumar, Psychiatrist