Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Should I see a cardiologist for the enormous pain i have in the chest ?

i feel enormous pain in the chest in the center. Should I see a cardiologist?? I am 27 yrs, early morning soon after wake up, i feel enormous pain in the chest in the center. It is been since 7 month and has been on and off.. Should I see a cardiologist or what should i do??
Asked On : Thu, 4 Feb 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  1681
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Hi.. The pain could be due to gastritis or reflux.. you need to drink plenty of water.. Avoid spicy food, be regular with diet, mild exercises. Antacids will also benefit you.. Do not go to bed immediately after your dinner.. It is not a bad option to consult a cardiologist to check your heart condition, though the pain may not be due to this.. Avoid alcohol and smoking if any..
Answered: Thu, 4 Feb 2010
  User's Response

HI, It is just heart burn also know as reflux.. If you want to see a doctor check with the gastroenterologist.. You may need a endoscopy.. Avoid hot spicy food, avoid fasting, control stress and anxiety, restrict alcohol consumption, medications, regular sleep habits will help in controlling your symptoms.
Answered: Thu, 4 Feb 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor