Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Should I go to the ER ?

i was getting a pan out of a 375 degree oven, and it was heavier than i though.. and it feel back on my arm.. the area is now welted up, red around the edges with a white spot in the middle.. i put aloe and ice on it.. should i go to the ER? or will i be fine in a few days ?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  360
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Don't go to the emergency room, you could make somebody with a broken leg or internal injuries wait because the er staff were too busy looking at your burn. I had the same thing happen to me when I was broiling fish in a 550 degree oven, just treat it like any other injury, but be especially careful to watch out for infection, which can easily happen with burns. If you are really worried then schedule a doctor's appointment, I can tell you after personal experience with both that you will probably see the doctor before you see the emergency room staff.
Answered: Sat, 12 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor