Should I go to the ER or wait for an experiencing intermittent chest pressure

Should I go to the ER or wait for an appointment? I am a 32 year old female experiencing intermittent chest pressure (w/ numbness and/or tingling radiating on my left side, arm, and neck) frequently at rest and shortness of breath upon any exertion. Due to previous experience, I am positive it is not heartburn, injury, or muscoskeletal. The shortness of breath began about two weeks ago. In the past two months I woke up due to chest pain or because I was unable to breathe at least once a week. I have multiple cardiac risk factors (high BP, pre-diabetic, slightly elevated cholesterol, weight) and a heart murmur (although I understand they can be benign). HOWEVER, previous EKGs taken during previous episodes have shown no problems. My fitness has improved, so the recent shortness of breath is a concern. I know this is a stupid question, but have to ask - I don t want to waste money or a hospital visit if it s likely I can wait and/or it s not a heart problem
Sat, 12 Dec 2009