Should I go to the ER for dizziness and headaches after a mild concussion?

About two weeks ago I got a mild concussion. While still recovering from that one, I was hit in the head again earlier today. Other than the on and off headaches that I ve had since the first one, I m finding that I m getting extremely dizzy and/or lightheaded when I stand now. I have a sinus infection in case that would influence something. Should I go the the ER, or are these symptoms normal?
Thu, 20 Sep 2018
Neurologist 's  Response

The symptoms you describe are commonly seen as part of the condition known as a postconcussive syndrome (PCS). Therefore, what's going on now could very well still be part of the first blow to the head let alone an exacerbation of symptoms due to the second blow.

If I were you I would take a break from all physically exertional activity (especially if these were obtained as a result of sports-related incidents) and say a neurologist or concussion specialist.

You are at high risk for a 3rd injury which can cause irreparable damage if you continue engaging in the activities that caused the 1st two until you have fully healed and this could take several months if you become relatively inactive and minimize your risks of another concussion.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dariush Saghafi,
Neurologist
Psychologist Dr. K. V. Anand's  Response

You Should go to the ER for extreme dizziness, light headedness and headaches after that mild concussion, even though there may not be anything wrong.