Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Should I go to a hospital since I am harming myself ?

Hello, I have been cutting since sixth grade and i am fourteen now, I have been to the hospital two times in the past three months. My parents and I never conciderd residental. But I m not safe at home, I have never done out treatment- only in treatment. Im terrifyed and scared because I have many mental health issues I have been diagnosed with. I feel like I have to go back, but I m not sure. SIDENOTES I have cut since I got out Tried overdosing along with suicide attempts Please answer quickly.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Feb 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  123
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for using healthcare magic.
I have gone through your available history.

You should consult your psychiatrist for the detailed evaluation and management. You are having severe depression but doctor may rule out conduct disorder and personality traits.

You must in as well as out treatment as it is necessary to continue treatment for long.

Along with medication, you may get benefited by counselling and psychotherapy.

Answered: Tue, 7 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychologist Dr. K. V. Anand's  Response
Dec 2015
Good that you are querying.
You need to consult a psychiatrist immedietely
Your diagnosis may be depressive disorder with suicidal ideation.
There re also traces of paranoid ideation.
Bur there is nothing to worry.
You didnot mention about the other psychiatric conditions.
Any way please consult your psychiatrist without delay.
Answered: Mon, 6 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. B Raghavendra's  Response

Please consult your psychiatrist immediately.

Also please note that the changes that you are seeking, in terms of stopping the feelings to cut yourself need "you" to wrok through the issues involved along with the professionals. You "working " does not mean you jsut attending the out patient clinic appointments or the talking therapy sesssions, if you have any, with your mental health team. It means you putting into practise what you have learnt in the 1 hr of session in the (24x7-1)hrs (if you have weekly sessions) that you actually live your life. That is where your actual work starts.

You can be helped by both medication as well as talking therapies (psychotherapies).

The only thing is, for anything to work, you have to be alive and unfortunately many a youngster looses his/her life by misadventure/accident while harming themselves. UNLESS YOU HELP YOURSELF BY KEEPING YOURSELF ALIVE, NOBODY ELSE CAN HELP YOU.

Please go through the following leaflet about self harm in young people.

Good Luck
Answered: Fri, 25 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Amar A Rathi's  Response
Considering ur repeated feeling to cut down and unable to manage anger u need to see ur doctor again annd need regular ollow up there and also psychotherapy to help anger management and to learn a acceptable way of anger expression.
So pls have a consultation with psychiatrist immediately...he will help u
Answered: Fri, 25 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor