• question-icon

Should I go for a bone marrow transplant?

How long does R-Chop stay in the body? And is it wise to have a bone marrow transplant. I have non-Hodgkins lymphoma in the lungs and neck. I was at a stage IV. I have finished Chemo with good results. I have a 2cm tumor in my lung. I am 42 years old. Thank you
Thu, 15 May 2014
Oncologist 's  Response
Non Hodgkins Lymphoma treatment and cure depends upon the subtype. From the details you have given I presume that it was Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma since you have completed R-CHOP chemotherapy. At the end of therapy PET CT Scan is repeated. Since you have mentioned that a 2cm nodule remains in the lung, PET scan will clarify whether there is metabolic activity high enough for a residual tumor in the nodule. If the PET scan is negative then the disease is in complete remission. However if the PET scan is positive for residual disease then you need to have a re-biopsy of the nodule to see that the disease has not changed its type. This can be followed by High dose therapy and bone marrow transplant.
I hope it is of help to you.
Please discuss it with your treating oncologist.