Should I continue Valtrex to cure shingles on the face?

I have been previously diagnosed with cellulitis on my face and given 500mg antibiotics 4x per day, then 2 days later changed to shingles on my face and given valltrex 1 gram 3 x per day. Should I continue the antibiotics?? I am leaving on a 2 week trip SE Asia tomorrow.
Tue, 26 Mar 2019

Shingles also called herpes zoster caused by VZV virus. Continue valtrex tablets along with antibiotic to prevent secondary bacterial infection. Take treatment under supervision of dermatologist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Ilyas Patel,
Dermatologist