Should I consult the Gynecologist or Urologist for the UTI?

I had blood work done 2/24 & saw my primary dr. on 3/6 & he said I had a little infection in my unine so he prescribed some antibotics. I have continued to have burning so I called my gyn & I had a unine test done Tues., they said I had blood & white blood cells in my unine & they sent it off for an urinalysis. They called today & said I didn`t have an UTI. What could it be. Do I need to see my GYN or an Urologist? Thank you.
Fri, 6 Sep 2019

For urinary infection, you should be consulting a urologist. If burning it usually could be due to infection. You can get a culture and sensitivity test for urine.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr B. Radhakrishnan. Nair, OBGYN