Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

155 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Should I consult the Gynecologist or Urologist for the UTI?

I had blood work done 2/24 & saw my primary dr. on 3/6 & he said I had a little infection in my unine so he prescribed some antibotics. I have continued to have burning so I called my gyn & I had a unine test done Tues., they said I had blood & white blood cells in my unine & they sent it off for an urinalysis. They called today & said I didn`t have an UTI. What could it be. Do I need to see my GYN or an Urologist? Thank you.
Fri, 6 Sep 2019
Report Abuse
OBGYN 's  Response

For urinary infection, you should be consulting a urologist. If burning it usually could be due to infection. You can get a culture and sensitivity test for urine.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr B. Radhakrishnan. Nair, OBGYN
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Dear Dr. Grief, Re: cystocele treatment. I have an apt. to see a gynacologist - (( I can feel that the bladder is descended and it was described as in the introitus position. All seems good after sleeping, and/but sometimes urinating needs to be helped manually. No incontinence . Question: Is this a gyn. issue or should one see a urologist? Thank you for your input, Dr. I am very active, healthy weight, working in health care, 68 yrs.old. Faithfully Mary Lou Marshall

doctor1 MD

Hi, I’m 54 and just started having irregular periods. This time I’ve been bleeding for 3 weeks, and 2 weeks ago found a large cyst in my breast (which has since reduced in size and discomfort). Should I see my internist, GYN or just wait it out?

doctor1 MD

Hello! I have a question regarding my thalesemia. I ve had thalesemia minor since I was born, I inherited this from my mother. I have only taken a slow iron pill when I am on my period, this is the extent of it, and find I can be fatigued sometimes as well, though I know it is because of this. My question is, my husband and I would like to start a I need to go to hematologist before we start having a family or can I just go to a regular obgyn? In addition, I ve started taking prenatals but they have iron in them, should I be taking prenatals without iron? Thank you very much! Elizabeth