Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Should I consult a surgeon for my aunt who is suffering from stage II breast cancer ?

my aunty age 45 wt55 have suffered from breast cancer stage 2 should i consult a surgeon or cancer institute
Asked On : Thu, 14 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Radiologist 's  Response
Hi Niranjan1
Welcome to it is a slighlty advanced stage it is better to go to a cancer institute for two reasons 1)it exclusively deals with cancer so better equipped with treating complications etc,,arising out of the disease or its treatment.
2) cancer breast involves multi modality treatment like chemo,radio and or surgery which is present in a cancer setup ,may not be available to a general surgeon.Having said all this the final decision lies with you only.Take care.
Answered: Thu, 14 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor