Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

126 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Should I be worried about my heartrate?

I am laying in bed trying to go to sleep and I realized that I could feel my heart beating fast and irregular. I took my pulse and it is 135. What should I do? How high is dangerous? Should I call my doctor tomorrow or go to the e.r. Tonite? Oh...... I am. 22 year old woman who doesn t drink caffine!!!! I Am Not a hypochondriac!! And I am not suffering from anxiety . I do cardio regularly so obviously I m not inactive either. Not to mention I workat a daycare and I walk alot daily. My heartrate is normally like 65-70 when I go to the doctor for yearly checkups. I m calling my doctor tomorrow. The end!
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
If you are concerned go to the ER, pulse may be raised from a nightmare, but if you were resting comfortably then that's a sign that you may have an arrythmia (abnormal heart rhythm) which needs to be assessed while it's occurring
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....