• question-icon

Should I be concerned for the borderline positive for inducible Ischemia?

HORIZONTAL ST DEP OF 2.5 MM NOTED DURING PEAK EXCERCISE, WHICH SETTLED IN THE FIRST MIN OF REC. Good Effort Tolerance. TMT Borderline Positive for Inducible Ischemia. : normal.

Summary: Resting ECG; Normal. Functional Capacity : normal. HR response to Excercise : appropriate. chest pain:None. // normal resting BP - apporiate response. Chest pain: None. ST Changes: Depression Horizontal.

OVERALL impression: BORDERLINE.

I am male, aged 52 years, 184cms height, 78 kgs , no sugar, no BP. I am having cholestrol problem,for 5 years now, currrently taking Storevas EZ daily. LDL
Also taking DEPLATT Tablet.- since my MRI scan, stated: Features of mild vessel ischemic changes. No diffusion restricted focus seen to suggest acute insult. Normal angiogram study.

Kindly advise, my TMT report - is how serious one ? What should I do ?
Fri, 7 Oct 2016
Thanks for writing to Health Care Magic, I am Dr Asad Riaz, I have closely read your question and I understand your concerns, I will hereby guide you regarding your health related problem.
Exercise tolerance test is a diagnostic test done for coronary artery disease i.e narrowing of blood vessels supplying the heart muscle. Its accuracy is on tge kower end of the spectrum with high false positives ad false negatives. That is, it mightbe positive even if you dont have any narrowing of these vessels and vice versa.
But the approach in cases it turns out positive (a 2.5 mm depression is significant) is getting a coronary angiogram done to look into the coronary anatomy and deal with any narrowing encountered by means of placing a stent. You are advised to get that done
I hope this answered your question, if you have more feel free to ask.

Regards.

Dr.Asad Riaz
General and Family Physician..