Should I be concerned for sperm in urine?

Hi Dr, I am a 46 year old male, 6'1", 160. I am very healthy and maintain an active lifestyle. For the past few days I have noticed when I urinate the first few times of the day I am seeing considerable amounts of sperm in my urine. I don't have any discomfort when urinating. I usually have intercourse 3-4 times a month. Is this something I should be very concerned about or would you suggest keeping an eye on it for a few weeks to see if the problem goes away on its own?
Tue, 10 Sep 2019

It is a quite normal thing and will settle by itself. If symptoms persist for long, you can consult a urologist and get evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician