Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Should I be concerned about hardened skin around the penis area ?

a couple of days ago a pimple or what I believe to be a pimple showed up between my penis and scrotum just to the right side. I popped it and afterwards it became hard. it is almost healed on the skin level but is still hard underthe skin. Now i noticed the vein directly below it is hard also. I it starts where the pimple was and goes for about an inch to the right going towards my blatter. Should I wait for couple of days to see if it goes away or should this be a great concern for me. Also what could be going on here?
Asked On : Sat, 22 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi,thanks for query.It seems that what you are having is some hair root infection may due to pulled hair or scratching.Do not worry,this should go on it own.Wait for 3-4 more days and it will reduce in size.Do not press it and touch that area frequently.You need to see your doctor if this does not go with in one week or so.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Sat, 20 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor