Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Should I Get Checked Out for Dull Chest Pain/Sensation ?

I have been having these sensations in my chest, more at the top of the breast area. Seems like behind the breastbone. I say "sensation" because it is not painful to bare, but sort of a dull, pointy jolt felt from inside once in awhile. This has been happening for the last few weeks. Sometimes I feel it in my right breast and other times slightly above the center of my chest. I do not have shortness of breath or tightness/squeezing or heaviness (that I know of - not sure how that would feel exactly). However, I was diagnosed with a leaky heart valve. Also I had these sort of tension headaches for a few days. They were coming and going for like three or four days straight. Haven't had one in the last couple of days, though. What does this seem like it could be based on the symptoms? What should I look out for to determin if it is heart related?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jan 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  610
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

Since you are already been diagnosed with a 'leaky heart valve', I guess you should not ignore the symptoms and seea cardiologist and get a echo done for you.

Answered: Tue, 5 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor