Should Gabapentin be discontinued if it causes dizziness?

I have been diagnosed with neuropathy and gabapentin was perscroibed. I took it last night and am off center and out of balance. It still having an effect even though I took it At 10pm last night. I don t think I can take it cause I live alone and live independently. I don t feel I can drive my car safely. Should I discontinue the meds and what would you recommend?
Tue, 19 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

If it was prescribed for nerve pain or neuropathy, Gabapentin may be discontinued if it is causing unpleasant side effects. Do discuss with your treating physician regarding this. Are you taking any Vitamin B12 supplements for your neuropathy? This might also help.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.