Should Carbidopa Levodopa be weaned off while suffering from dementia?

Hi took my mom to neurologist today to get results of a scan she had on her head and he said she has frontaltemporal dimentia. She has been taking carbidopa levodopa for 7 years cause at first they said she had Parkinson’s. Dr said I can just stop cold turkey giving her carbidopa levodopa she gets 2 a day do you think I should wein her off?
Fri, 29 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

First of all I do not think carbidopa levodopa can be given to a person without parkinson disease over the last seven years. If your doctor thinks that he can diagnose front temporal dementia just with a scan I feel he has not done the required neurological examination.

In my opinion she need complete neurological examination before deciding in favour of parkinson disease or front temporal dementia or otherwise.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.