Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Shortness of breath, whole body in pain, but left side moreso

shortness of breath, whole body in pain, but left side moreso, hearing seems to have degraded a bit, sleeping a lot, eyes hurt and burn when they close

This is pertaining to my father whom I'm worried about. He's 51 years old pushing 52. He's been sick the last three or so days with symptoms he's described as shortness of breath, he says his entire body aches, but the left side hurts the most. He said his hearing is getting bad, and his eyes hurt a lot, and described a burning sensation when he closes them. He's also been sleeping a lot more than usual. Could these symptoms be leading to something deadly?

And I am trying to get him to see a doctor, but he isn't yet. So for now, I'd like opinions, if available, on the possibilities of what this could be.


Much appreciated.

Asked On : Sun, 18 Apr 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  473
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi....dear user...,
Thanks for query through HCM...,
Shortnessof breath, body pains, age of your father...,
left side hurting at chest area...more favour to cardiac pathology...,
Hence immediatly see the good Physician (Cardiologist) and evaluate...
the ECG, ECHO, TREADMILL and complete Blood picture,,,
o.k...hope this advise is help to you ..goodluck..,
Answered: Thu, 10 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Since the symptoms have been only for  a few days, it is alway better to be evaluated.. It can be due to as simple as a viral infection to a much serious conditions... Get to a doctor for evaluation...

Answered: Sun, 25 Apr 2010
General & Family Physician Dr. Rajath. Pejaver's  Response
Hi, Thanks for the query.
Your father is describing a whole range of symptoms. He may be suffering from a viral infection. But he should get an ECG , chest xray. Most importantly he should see a physician as soon as possible.
Thanks .
Have a healthy life !
Answered: Thu, 10 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor