Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Short-tempered, unappreciative spouse, behavior causes depression. Treatment options?

Hi Dr, Im having problem in my marriage life because of my hot tempered hubby..he dont appreciates me for whatever i do,im trying more than my level best to become a good wife and most of the time i just kept quiet when he shouts at by day it causes more depression to me and i feel like want to find another companion to ease my pain...plz advice me....thank you
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for using health health acre magic for posting your query.
Keeping quite is not a right solution. Any problem can be solved only by having a proper talk. You can stay silent when he is very angry but ones things settle down, you should discuss what actually went wrong. If you feel that your marriage is so troubled then in that case you should talk to him and convince him to seek a marriage counselor or marital therapist. That would help you both.
Other than this you should take care of your health. Get evaluated for depression and if there is any seek treatment for the same.
Hope I am able to solve your concerns.
If you need a detailed answer, I would be more than happy to help you.
Answered: Wed, 2 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Sundar Gnanavel's  Response
Thanks for your query. I can understand your emotional trauma. Fist of all you require a session with your husband with a psychological counsellor trained in marital therapy. It is a form of therapy to mend your interpersonal relation with your husband. This would be most apt in your case. In addition you require assessment of your depressive symptoms and if appropriate can be started on an anti-depressant by your psychiatrist. Never lose hope and try the above suggestions.
Dr Sundar Gnanavel
Answered: Wed, 2 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor