Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Short periods of arm pain concentrated in shoulder joint, rotator cuff area, spine of scapula with throbbing headache. Any insights?

Hello,I am a 20-year-old female and I wld greatly appreciate your insight on my problem. For over a year now I ve been having short periods of left arm pain mainly concentrated in the shoulder joint , rotator cuff area and spine of scapula . I thought it was because I slept on my left side but I tried changing my sleep position but it still occurs. Also the pain now comes with posterior upper back pain and a throbbing headache concentrated in the lower left occipital lobe. I have a 10 minute walk to class everyday and after it I wld have fast breathing and palpitations. However, sometimes without any prior trigger (exercise, eg.) I would be sharply aware of my fast heartbeat and heavy breathing, and may feel chest tightness. (I take a lot of deep breaths). When I was younger I had wheezing and an asthma-like condition but I grew out of it. Sometimes I also get a left ear ache with/without the headache and I strongly believe my left submandibular lymph node is more prominent than the right. This was noticed over three months and it still feels the same. I ve been hesitant to see a doctor because I am worried about a heart condition or cancer, but I plan to do so soon.Thanks much for your insight.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cardiac Surgeon 's  Response
You are bothered more than normal about your health condition. It looks like anxiety for me. Have you ever taken a pain killer? If so is there any relief from pain?
Fast heart beat, heavy breathing are all symptoms of your anxiety attacks.
Childhood asthma is nothing to do with your present condition.
Submandibular lymph nodes will be enlarged in case of infection in ear. Just check with a specialist.
All the best.
Answered: Fri, 1 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor