Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Short in height, family, friends are much taller. How to increase height?

Hello Doctor, I am 22 years old male.My height is 5 4.My fathers and mothers height are 5 5 and 5 7 respectively. My brothers also have a height of 5 7. I would like to know whether there is way to increase my height. Please tell me if there is a solution as its kind of depressing and embarrassing to walk with family and friends who have more height.. Thanking you
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

An endocrinologist could help – you need to be examined and investigated for further assessment and assistance. It could be familial / variant

Take care     
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Fri, 6 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Having height 5 4 is not bad height so do not feel depressed.
After 20 years further increasing height is not possible due to fusion of epiphyses of long bones.
If some body claims for increasing height, do not believe.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Fri, 6 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor