Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Shocking sensation in right Arm

Hi, since january I have been experiencing severe shocking like sensations in my upper right arm sometimes extending down to my hand, they are kinda like spasms and stop me doing anything when they happen, they are awfull. I had carpal tunnel release surgery on 4th March, I still have the symptoms if not worse now. I have various problems with my spine, DDD, Spondylosis at c5 and c6, bulging discs etc....I would really appreciate your advice, I also have low Vitamin D although this is now improving with treatment.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  881
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to health care magic!!
it seems like you have a long history and you have got the investigations done the shock like sensation is due to nerve root compression in the cervical area it would be better you consulted a spinal surgeon for management it would require surgical intervention mostly.
Answered: Tue, 22 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

  User's Response
Thank you for your quick reply.........I had an MRI which revealed all of my problems, and why I am experiencing the pain that I am but at the time I did not have this additional shocking pain in my right arm, it can be debilitating, and my arm kinda jumps when it happens, more like a sharp, fizzing lightening type settled for a while and has now come back big time! it has been happening on and off for most of the day now. I have taken an open appointment with my spinal specialist and due to see him in may. Is it likely that a nerve root compression can happen so quickly after a mri that showed initially there wasnt? ive been looking on the internet and found all sorts of sinister things that could be going on with me, like heart problems, lung problems you name a cybercondriac I think!
Answered: Tue, 22 Mar 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor