Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Shingles treatment done, have painful lump on the neck causing stiff neck. Swollen lymph gland?

Hi my name is Lisa , I ve just had shingles and I m feeling a lot better but I have just discovered this lump in my neck on the same side right at the base of my neck near my collar bone . It is very painful and causing me a stiff neck . Think I ll go to the doctors after the weekend but was a little worried maybe it s a swollen lymph gland???
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  296
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
yes lymph node infections
any silent bacterial or viral infection in throat organ can cause lymph node swelling may be sinusitis allergic or viral or fungal as you have history of shingles
consult the ent doctor to diagnos the cause and treat
meantime can use muscle relaxtants and anti inflamatory gel on area to contrl the stiffness and pain in neck
Answered: Sun, 25 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor