Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

ShinBone Pain after fractured, Could you please tell me the reasons ?

Hi Sir, My friend met with an accident 2 years back.He got his shin bone fractured .Even after 2 years of accident ,he suffers from acute pain at the point where the bone got fractured.He has slight swelling also.Could you tell me about the possible reasons? Daljeet.

Asked On : Wed, 21 Apr 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  354
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
Your friend might have Malunited fracture of shin of tibia giving rise to swelling and pain.
He might have osteomyelitis also.
Consult orthopedic and seek his advice.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 8 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

Is it could be a mal-united fracture or infection in that area. It would be best to get an X-ray done and then proceed forward

Answered: Thu, 29 Apr 2010
  User's Response
Hello Daljeet,
Take a fresh X-ray & rule out any infections. Since this is a immobile bone joint cannot be done much. Take some NSAIDS to reduce the pain & inflammation.
Answered: Tue, 8 Nov 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor