Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Shin pain around tibia mostly. Have dent in shin muscles. What now?

hi, yes my names Patricia. Ive been experiencing SERIOUS shin pain , on both legs but mostly on my right leg, on the side of my tibia . it hurts when i run, but sometimes it goes away. today i ran 5 miles. wasn t that bad, but bad enough. then i did a few build up and on the 3rd one , i felt the sharpest pain in my shin..i also have dent in my shin bone/ muscle , that hurts to the touch i don t know what to do, we have SAC coming up on may 1 and i run track.
Asked On : Mon, 30 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  118
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
It sounds although you may have a defect in the fascia over the muscle in your leg. These defects can cause pain and tenderness particularly after activity. You could try a compression stocking during activity to see if this helps you.
Answered: Tue, 25 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor