Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Shin injury, unable to walk, bruising on calf, swelling from knee to ankle. Causes?

Hi, I got struck on the shin with a cricket ball 7 days ago (Saturday) I had no pain until 4 days later. When I could hardly Walk. Since then bruising has come out on my calf (even though impact was on shin). Basically from my knee down to my ankle keeps swelling up to about twice its normal size. What do you suggest?
Tue, 3 Jul 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

Thanks for choosing HCM

I will suggests you to keep the leg raised and not hang it. Go for the X-ray and consult your orthopedic doctor nearest to your place in your city/town immediately. Swelling may be due to internal bleeding which was occurred due to the struck of ball, or due to local infection or inflammation, or due to fracture.

You should not waste time and go for immediate consultation.


Dr. Dinesh
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor